Welcome back adventurers, this is the first instalment in our new series for Wizard101. In this post I’ll be documenting Unicorn Way up to the start of the three streets questline, the amount of times I die and the quests that I have completed – all according to the rules of the challenge:
- No crowns gear at all, this includes mounts.
- No crowns/gold-bought pets, only drops or quest rewards.
- No training pets with crowns-bought snacks, only gold bought or dropped.
- No bundle gear of any kind.
- No non-training point spells unless crafted/dropped.
- Dropped Gear/Native-bought gear only.
- No use of the bazaar apart from selling items.
- No use of the shared bank.
- No henchmen of any kind.
- All side quests are to be completed before moving onto a new world or major location (for example, all side quests fromThe Pyramid of Fire must be completed in Krokotopia must be completed before moving on to the Krokosphinx). Zeke/Eloise quests are an exception, but must be completed before moving onto the next world.
- No crowns companions or ships (Pirate101 Only).
Unless you’ve been living under
Got all the side quests (I think) available in Unicorn Way. I’ve always overlapped side quests with main line quests in Pirate101, but I haven’t actually properly played side quests in Wizard101 and a lot of them in Unicorn Way match up with the mainline, so make sure you keep an eye out for those and get your extra XP in!
I’ve forgotten that Wizard City is 1v1 duels, I’m so used to higher level playing that I keep half expecting an extra enemy to join the duel circle!
I managed to finish Unicorn Way without dying….I’m not saying anything yet because I know it only gets harder from here.
First Boss Fight and First Death!
After successfully completing Unicorn Way, it’s off to Olde Town where I was then sent to Lady Blackhope, who sadly, was the perpetrator of my first death. However, I remembered I got the Death Trap from Merle earlier and used that, along with ghoul to get rid of her quickly and stop her from killing me.
I also stopped by the library to pick up a few quests, collected some mist wood to start my crafting journey and spoke to Baldur for a quick glimpse into Grizzleheim!
I do need some help choosing my second school – check this poll out on twitter to help me decide!
Next week we’re venturing onto the three streets and nightside. Catch us on
Death Count: 1