She’s a frog! She’s quick! She’s Fan flanders!! Welcome to the first Pirate101 Companion PvP spotlight. As we put some shine on one of the loveliest frogs of Marleybone for me personally.
First things first! Recruitment is from a quest called “Inhuman resources” by the Town Crier. You can find her inside Swashbuckler’s hall next to Morgan Lafitte.
Tips upon recruiting
- Make sure to recruit her while your pirate is at max level to recruit the companion 1 – 3 levels above your pirate’s level. For example, if you’re level 70 you’ll recruit a level 71 Fan Flanders, which gives a very good advantage stats wise for you.
- Be careful with giving her talents! Your setup will be changed for crowns if you’re free to play or with gold if you’re a member. So choose wisely!
Fan has a decent powers line indeed. She gets the following 3 powers:
- Cloud Spirit – Her Cloud Spirit buff is excellent for overall buff to all the agility based units in your team
- Grand Shadowdance – Grand Shadowdance is great enough to increase her amazing base critical chances, Which is great for more damage input and cause some sort of annoyance to the opponent
- Super Strike – Super Strike is of course, One of the most important as it is a guaranteed super critical hit that deals alone with Black Fog and Cloud Spirit a total of nearly 1.8K damage to 1 of the opponent’s units. Which can sting a lot for them. Poor enemies.
Fan Flanders and gameplay as a Swashbuckler
Fan isn’t your ordinary Swashbuckler companion. She’s a good unit to blow a huge amount of damage on an enemy and take them from 100% to 0 health from just 1 hit. She can also be the key to pressure your opponent early game, thanks to her decent critical rating and her Grand Shadowdance. Not to mention her 6 movement range.
If the enemy is rushing you or if you’re trying to have some map domination, simply use black fog, force her to walk half the board, use her Shadowdance, use her Agility buff the round after, and charge through a unit with her super strike once you’re finally charging your opponent!
This can also work as well if you have a unit with an accuracy reduction, such as Ratbeard. Use his accuracy reduce on a unit first, then let Fan do her job to make sure you’ve disabled the opponent unit’s accuracy and ensured a successful target elimination in 1 kill!
Personally, I prefer to give her the following which is the recommended powers setup:
First Strike 3, Relen 2, Bladestorm 1, Flanking 1
First Strike 3, Relen 2, Riposte 1
I recommend the first one for a few reasons: Bladestorm 1 would help her trigger her relentless chains and, against vengeance strike unit cases, it’ll help her trigger her First Strike 1 and 2.
As for stat talents, I definitely recommend Tough 4, Rough 4, Accurate 4, Agile 1, Dodgy 4
Pros and Cons
- She’s an aggressive target that can deal great enough damage to kill an enemy at no costs if abused right.
- The base critical chance she has, aside from the fact she has 2 buffs, is decent enough to make sure you’ll be dealing more and more damage on the opponent’s units.
- Biggest con is the fact that she is a glass cannon. Although she is great for dealing damage, she sometimes cannot dodge well for her life.
- Another con is the fact she can be eliminated in a few chain hits, especially by Buccaneer units.